November 24, 2013
The germs that have been in the house for the last 10 days are finally attacking. I refuse to get sick!
The change of seasons is always tough. People are sniffling, sneezing, and coughing and there are germs everywhere. Being inside more often just seems to make it worse. As I mentioned yesterday, our exchange student was sick with a hacking cough and a bad cold while he was here. I have been spraying Lysol throughout the whole house since he left. I don’t think I am a germ-aphobe, but I know that I am a sick-aphobe. 😉
Today’s song is by Jake Bugg, a 19-year old, English musician and singer-songwriter. He released his debut album in October 2012 and it was a huge success in the UK, reaching #1 on the UK charts that same month. He made a big jump into the US this year to great reviews. He released his second album just this month, a very quick follow up to the first one.
I really enjoyed his first album. Some of our favorite songs were “Two Fingers,” Lightning Bolt,” and “Seen It All.” His music just sounded so different than anything else that was coming out at the same time, particularly from artists his age. I appreciate the storytelling in his songs that give us a view into some of the rougher parts of growing up in Clifton.
I have not yet had a chance to fully explore the new album, but it definitely has a different vibe. I love this ballad. I wish I could put my finger on what it reminds me of, but I would definitely say it is reminiscent of an older style – something my dad might have introduced to me. I love the rhythm and the tone of this song.
I am certain that Jake Bugg will continue to gain popularity and will be a hot artist this coming year as more people are introduced to his music. I have heard that he is a remarkable live performer and I am looking forward to getting a chance to see him in concert next year.
- What doesn’t kill you (curiouslyunknown.wordpress.com)
- Shangri-La: Jake Bugg (nobodycaresellie.wordpress.com)
- Jake Bugg – Shangri La (jessicaleanneholmes.wordpress.com)
- Album Review: Jake Bugg, Shangri La. (musicwaffle.org)
- Jake Bugg – Shangri La (Album Review) (harrytowse212reviews.wordpress.com)
- First Listen: Jake Bugg, ‘Shangri La’ (npr.org)
- Jake Bugg – Shangri La (Album Review) (musicreloaduk.com)
- Jake Bugg’s ‘Shangri La’ defies comparison (dailycal.org)
- Jake Bugg: ‘You never forget where you’re from’ (theguardian.com)
2 thoughts on “SONG OF THE DAY – “A SONG ABOUT LOVE” by Jake Bugg”
Well played, Diane. Very funny that a germ-filled house led to a Jake Bugg selection.
Wish I could say I was that clever, but I am glad it worked out in the end. 😉